Notice of Vacant East Bernstadt Independent Board of Education Seat
The East Bernstadt Independent Board of Education (“Board”) is seeking applications for appointment to fill a vacancy on the Board representing the District at large. This appointment will be effective until the November 2020 regular election.
Responsibilities include: setting policy to govern the District; hiring/evaluating the Superintendent; and levying taxes and adopting the District budget.
To qualify, you must:
- Be at least 24 years old and a Kentucky citizen for the last three years;
- Be a registered voter in the particular District of the vacancy;
- Have completed the 12th grade or have a GED certificate;
- Meet all other legal qualifications (KRS 160.180); and
- Complete required annual in-service training.
You may stop by the East Bernstadt Independent Central Office to pick up a copy of the application or you can find a copy online on our web site at https://www.ebernstadt.kyschools.us/.
Please mail completed applications to: Superintendent, ATTN: Board Vacancy, P.O. Box 128, East Bernstadt, KY 40729.